If you’re a beekeeper or an aspiring beekeeper then we’d love you to get involved with our local branch of the Devon Beekeepers’ Association. We represent beekeepers in the South Hams from Totnes down to Kingsbridge and the surrounding area.
Our aim is to support and further the craft of beekeeping amongst members whilst also educating the public about bees and beekeeping. Become a member to enjoy the following benefits
- Mentoring for new beekeepers via a Bee Buddy
- Free advice from experienced beekeepers
- A beginners course each January
- Demonstrations at the Branch’s own Apiary
- Meetings throughout the winter, with speakers on a wide variety of beekeeping subjects
- An extensive library of beekeeping books, which you can borrow to take home and study
- Use of Branch equipment such as honey extractors, steam wax extractors, bee-suits, etc.
- Public liability insurance and bee disease insurance
- The opportunity to sell your honey and other beekeeping products on branch stands at shows and exhibitions
- Social and family events
- Facebook group
- And finally, as if that’s not enough, the company and friendship of fellow beekeepers, swapping experiences and the inevitable “discussion” on the “best” method of doing anything concerned with keeping bees !
Opinions expressed in articles or publications produced by South Hams Beekeepers are those of the authors. They do not necessarily reflect either the opinions or the policies of the branch, Devon Beekeepers’ Association, or the publications themselves. Please read our full terms and conditions below.